Candidate, Petersburg City Council- Ward 6
As a child of a United States Army Veteran, I have been afforded the ability to travel the world, spending much of my youth in South Korea and Japan. The uncertainty of our family life was mitigated by the strong bonds that I maintained with my parents. In returning to the United States, we established our mainland roots in Hampton, Virginia.
My parents implored me to experience college, and after graduating high school from Phoebus High School , I attended the American Military University where I earned a Bachelor of Science in Public Health. Currently, I am enrolled at Strayer University online where I am a Master’s candidate in the field of health services administration.
When duty was not calling, my spouse and I searched for a community that we could call home. Settling in on the tri-cities area, we bought a home in Petersburg, fell in love with the city, and have been here ever since.
At our campaign we believe in compassion and empathy. I have always loved to help others through my work, during which I have maintained a dedicated career in public service. My years of experience advocating for people with HIV, as well as attending to passengers as a flight crew member, have taught me what effective communication and progress look like. I look forward to using my education, life experiences, and forward-thinking mindset to help lead Petersburg in the right direction.
- 2012 Graduate of Leadership Arlington Young Professionals Program
- 2013-2014 Member of NMAC, ViiV Healthcare, Magic Johnson Foundation, and Advocates for Youth's Initiative to End HIV and AIDS in America
- 2014- HIV Plus Magazine's 20 Amazing HIV Positive Gay Men
- 2015- National Black Justice Coalition's 100 Black LGBTQ/SGL Leaders to Watch
- 2017, 2019- Delta Air Lines Top 1% Flight Attendant Commendation Award